Tuesday 29 March 2011

Todays practise

Hello, 

Just thought I'd do a quick post about what I'm practising tonight. Basically I'm running up and down the C major scale in all the different positions on the neck. I don't always start on the C so I end up playing all the different modes.
Here's a tab showing a few of the positions on the neck. The tab just shows the ascending scale normally once I reach the
top I decend back down again.



I also change it up a bit by playing a few different patterns instead of just accending and decending. For example I will ascend 4 notes, decend 3, then ascend 5. Like this:


See you tomorrow!




13 comments:

  1. thank you i'll try it out later. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love music but don't understand anything of music notes :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah damn. If only I knew how to play guitar tabs. D:

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could give it a try if only I had a guitar lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. great blog! maybe i'll use some of your exercises (if they become more advanced) followed :))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I need to start practicing I been slacking lately and I bought speed kills by Michael Angelo helped me greatly :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice blog, I'm a music fan...

    Keep posting

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Keep up the good blogging it will eventually pay off!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going to get my little brother to try this out. (He plays guitar.)

    ReplyDelete
  10. i want to undestand tabs but im too busy to learn arghh

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great job, it's incredible how much you've progressed. Following and supporting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish I had the patience to practice every day like that.
    +followed by starcraftdinner.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete